Office 365 is a great product that continues to improve, but when it comes to monitoring or reporting what is happening on the tenant today we feel it comes up short. We have reviewed a few products that can help improve this experience:
Exoprise will monitor your Office 365 tenant with a client that is installed on a local PC and then compare this data to results gathered by other clients around the world. The crowdsourcing of the performance data allows the tool to narrow down if an issue is being caused by an Exchange Online server malfunctioning or if it is a potential local network issue between your client and the online tenant.
- Day to day report of how healthy your tenant is compared to others that are available
- Ability to see how others are doing the same day helps to identity where problems are
- Gives the ability to show where your data is headed on a geographical map
- You can add multiple sensors/clients that will give you a more rounded view if you have multiple sites.
- If the PC with the sensor is off, no data can be gathered.
- Limited number of reporting features
Cogmotive is a web based report driven tool for your Office 365 tenant. It gives detailed reports of statistical data on Exchange, Lync, mobile usage, licensing, and security.
- Great interface and easy to setup
- Excellent graph outputs to quickly digest data
- Detailed mailbox usage information
- Mobile device reporting by device
- Easy view of who has permissions to which mailboxes
- Limited custom reporting
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
About the author
Matt Scherocman brings more than 15 years of experience in the information technology industry to Interlink. His experience includes both the system integrator and manufacturer sides of the business. During his time at the Microsoft Corporation he was responsible for all the Large Account Reseller (LAR) relationships in the four-state Heartland Area of Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Prior to Microsoft, Scherocman led a Cincinnati -based IT consulting company to grow 5000% and become a Microsoft Worldwide Partner of the Year. He is actively involved in the strategic vision and operation decisions of the company including finance, selling strategy and marketing. Matt holds a Bachelor of Science in Business degree from Miami University and is a Certified Expert in Microsoft licensing including speaking engagements at both Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference and Channel Partner Summit. He is a frequent contributor to leading industry publications.
Welcome to the Interlink Cloud Blog
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations or warranties regarding the information from our partners or other external sources.