At Interlink, we can help you be successful in each phase of an acquisition and reduce the time to value of the purchase by accelerating integration after the sale.
The IT component of due diligence is focused on documenting assets that will convey during the sale, gathering information to estimate integration efforts, and eliminating surprises that could occur after the sale. If your organization is heavily invested in the Microsoft platform or planning to acquire a company that is, Interlink is the right partner to lead or assist with IT due diligence efforts.
A third party like Interlink, under an NDA to both organizations, can be helpful in getting a better understanding of the IT environment of the acquired organization. Interlink can assess and create plans to integrate all aspects of your Microsoft estate including on-premises servers, Microsoft 365 Cloud services, Azure, user endpoints, and licensing.
Upon completion of a Due Diligence Assessment with Interlink, you’ll receive:
- Documentation of current Microsoft licensing posture and recommendations for consolidation
- Summary of Cloud service usage
- Summary of on-premises server assets
- Summary of user endpoints
- Summary of applications and databases in use
- High-level consolidation strategy and estimates
Once an organization has signed a letter of intent to complete an acquisition, then more detailed planning for a transition can typically begin. Most organizations have a goal to begin integration activities as near to the sale close date as possible. If Interlink has completed a due diligence assessment, then minimal additional planning is needed. If Interlink is just now being engaged, Interlink can assess your environment to create a formal plan for rapid collaboration followed by integration.
Allowing users to quickly collaborate after a sale is a very common scenario where Interlink can assist. Interlink’s Rapid Collaboration Setup offering includes the following:
- Setup of a common global address list for email
- Sharing of calendar data between Exchange email environments
- Configuration of secure mail flow between organizations
- Rebranding external email addresses (if required)
- Configuration of collaboration spaces on Microsoft 365 including Teams and SharePoint
The timing, structure, and priority of integration activities can vary widely based on the parent company and the company being acquired. Fortunately, Interlink has worked with companies in nearly every industry and a wide variety of scenarios, so we specialize in identifying your IT infrastructure needs and executing the defined plan of action to eliminate redundancy and overhead by consolidating platforms.
Many integration activities are complex and disruptive, which means picking a partner with deep expertise and experience is critical to the success of these projects. Interlink’s experts have successfully performed migrations for tens of thousands of users, from a variety of platforms including Notes and GroupWise and in both full acquisitions and carve out scenarios.
Interlink can help with the following integration scenarios:
- Leading overall IT integration efforts
- • Vendor management for line of business application migrations
- • Project and program management
- • Organizational and end user change management
- Office 365 tenant migrations and consolidations
- • User data – Exchange email and OneDrive Data
- • Shared data – Teams and SharePoint
- • Power Platform – reports, applications, and workflows
- • Security configurations
- • Teams Phone Systems
- Active Directory Forest consolidations
- • Users and groups
- • End user devices
- • Servers and applications
- Azure migrations
- • Subscription transfers and tenant migrations
- • Datacenter migrations to Azure
Depending on the migration scenario, Interlink will recommend the right toolset to complete the job. Interlink has Quest certified engineers and regularly leverages toolsets from BitTitan, Microsoft, ShareGate, and others.
To maintain a successful and optimized IT infrastructure, Interlink can help you with ongoing maintenance and optimization. With regular check-ins, we can make sure you are optimized for security and productivity.