Bing Chat Enterprise vs Chat GPT Enterprise
Interlink’s CTO weighs in on the ChatGPT Enterprise launch and how it compares to Bing Chat Enterprise. As a reminder, Bing Chat Enterprise launched on 8/17 and is included with Microsoft365 Business Standard, Business Premium, E3 and E5.
The ChatGPT Enterprise Announcement just came out yesterday (8/28). I wrote a quick note on the subject, then I asked Bing Chat Enterprise to use my note and build a summary (see below).
ChatGPT Enterprise is interesting. You get your own “tenant” on openai.com with SSO and data privacy – they don’t train the models on your data. It’s like Bing Chat Enterprise in that you have a way to use generative AI that is secure. The difference is that ChatGPT Enterprise seems exclusively to be GPT4 while Bing Chat Enterprise is a mix of 3.5 and 4. Bing Chat Enterprise has internet search capabilities, ChatGPT 4 previously had internet access, but now has a series of plug-ins that can be used to pull data from internet sources.
On the pricing side, they said the pricing is custom, but clearly would need to be more expensive than the GPT Plus plan which is $20/u/m. Bing Chat Enterprise is included with M365 plans, but less capable.
To leverage GPT programmatically, pricing is at parity between openai.com and Azure OpenAI. Both are priced based on the tokens consumed. Generally, if you’re consuming GPT via API, you still need a platform to host the rest of your app, so Azure is nice because it’s all in one place.
Here is a summary of the pros and cons of ChatGPT Enterprise, ChatGPT Plus, and Bing Chat Enterprise:
- Offers enterprise-grade security and privacy.
- Unlimited higher-speed GPT-4 access.
- Longer context windows for processing longer inputs.
- Advanced data analysis capabilities.
- Customization options.
- Data Privacy - they don't train the models on your data
- Pricing is custom and would need to be more expensive than the GPT Plus plan which is $20/u/m.
- Access to the latest version of OpenAI’s GPT language model and new features.
- Faster response times.
- Better availability during peak times.
- Plugin support.
- High quality responses with GPT-42.
- Limited number of prompts.
- The free version is still good in most cases.
Bing Chat Enterprise:Pros:
- AI-powered chat for work with commercial data protection.
- User and business data are protected and will not leak outside the organization.
- Chat data is not saved, and Microsoft has no eyes-on access to it.
- Chat data is also not used to train underlying models.
- Employees can use Bing Chat Enterprise to get work done faster, be more creative, or support customers better.
- Bing Chat Enterprise has internet search capabilities.
- Included in Microsoft 365
- Less capable than ChatGPT Enterprise.
Hope this helps! Reach out to Interlink if you have any further questions about Bing Chat Enterprise or how we're assisting clients with their AI journey.
About the author
Mike Wilson brings over 18 years of technology experience to Interlink. Prior to joining Interlink, he served as a Director of Technology for a mid-size insurance company and has led multiple consulting practices to substantial growth. In those roles, Mike delivered tremendous value for his customers by designing and implementing scalable, reliable and business aligned solutions. Mike’s focus at Interlink is on leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud to streamline IT operations in a way that reduces cost and allows businesses to refocus on core operations. He plays a key role in architecting projects and ensuring high standards in service delivery across the Interlink team. Mike earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from the University of Cincinnati and is a proud graduate of St. Xavier High School. He is active in a number of local non-profits and has served on multiple non-profit boards and in executive leadership.
Welcome to the Interlink Cloud Blog
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations or warranties regarding the information from our partners or other external sources.