Learn How to Protect Your Organization from Rising Security Threats with Interlink’s Security Energize Workshop
As if the security threat landscape wasn’t dangerous enough, the onset of COVID-19 has dramatically increased the number of cyber-attacks. News and updates on the spreading virus have more people clicking on links than ever before, and cyber-hackers and thieves are taking full advantage.
- Every country in the world has seen at least one COVID-19 themed attack
- Microsoft has observed 76 threat variants using COVID-19 themed lures
- Microsoft tracks thousands of email phishing campaigns that cover millions of malicious messages every week
- Of the millions of targeted messages Microsoft sees each day, roughly 60,000 include COVID-19 related malicious attachments or malicious URLs
- Those numbers represent less than two percent of the total volume of threats Microsoft actively tracks and protect against daily