Managing Microsoft Teams enables your organization to optimize productive collaboration but requires thoughtful planning to do it well. Read on to consider what’s best for your organization!
Overview of Teams
Microsoft Teams is a powerful platform that combines workplace chat, meetings, notes, and attachments. Teams integrates with your Office 365 subscription productivity suite and feature extensions that can integrate with non-Microsoft products as well. It provides a place for your team to collaborate on projects through unified communication, which increases business effectiveness.
Six Questions Your Organization Should Be Asking
Interlink has put together these six questions we believe all organizations should be asking themselves to ensure they are managing Teams well and have established appropriate security through governance and compliance.
- What data retention policies for Teams is best for your environment and industry?
- Who is allowed to create a Team? Should they all have those permissions?
- Should you archive or expire unused Teams?
- Do you know which of your Teams are public or private?
- Are you licensed correctly to fully utilize Data Loss Protection in Teams?
- Do you need to protect Teams from containing protected words or profanity in their names?