Windows 10 Enterprise E3 was built for organizations that need enterprise-grade security for their sensitive data, operate in regulated industries, and need increased management functionality. If this sounds like your organization, the Windows 10 Enterprise E3 version is the way to go.
Below is a deeper dive into what Windows 10 Enterprise E3 features set it apart from Pro:
A lot of people believe that most security breaches happen because of an algorithm being hacked, but it turns out, a lot of breaches are a result of credential theft. That’s why it is imperative for any business to ensure that credentials and critical data is kept secure. Credential Guard aims to prevent credential theft with its feature set:
- Hardware-level security that takes of advantage of platform security features such as Secure Boot and virtualization to protect credentials
- Virtualization-based security that keeps credentials and other secrets secured in a protected environment that is isolated from the operating system
- Better protection against persistent threats, such as malware, that may already be on your system
Device Guard works to prevent malicious code from running on devices. Where Credential Guard keeps things safe in the event of a “pass the hash” style attack when someone already has access to a portion of your environment, Device Guard works to make sure that no one gets into your system in the first place through malicious code. It locks down the system so only applications that are specifically trusted can run.
- Helps protect the Windows system core from vulnerability and zero-day exploits
- Virtualization based protection of code integrity
AppLocker can work separately or on top of Windows Defender Device Guard to white list applications at a more granular level.
- Protects against unwanted software by denying the ability for any non-whitelisted application to be run
- Define rules by things like publisher, file name, file version, and digital signature
- Know what applications your users are running by enforcing audit-only mode where all app access activity is registered in event logs
- Assign rules to specific security groups or even individual users
- Capture user-customized Windows and application settings and store them on your network for a seamless experience on any device
- Make hardware changes easy for users by being able to recover their personal settings after any hardware replacement, upgrade, or reimage
- Make applications available to end users without having to install and manage those apps on users’ devices
- Transforms applications into centrally managed services that never have to be installed on the PC, don’t conflict with other applications, and ensuing they are kept current with the latest security updates installed on the server-based application
Managed User Experience
- Lock down a user’s device to restrict it to a specific task or scenario such as a cash register in a retail store
- Prevent access to features such as shut down, restart, sleep, and hibernate
- Customize and remove anything on the Windows Start menu
- Prevent changes to Taskbar and Start menu settings
For years, organizations have been asking for a way to purchase Windows Enterprise without the need for a long-term volume licensing agreement. Windows 10 Enterprise E3 licensed under the CSP (Cloud Solution Provider) program is exactly that solution. At $6 a month per user for Windows 10 E3 any organization is now able to take advantage of Windows 10 Enterprise E3 features without having to lock into a long-term agreement or break the bank. When the software is purchased in a per user licensing format, the user can install Windows 10 on up to five devices that they use.
With these features and more Windows 10 Enterprise E3 stands above Windows 10 Pro as the more secure way to run Windows 10. If you would like to discuss if Windows 10 Enterprise is right for your business, then please contact us today!
For more information on Windows 10, contact us and make sure to check out our On-Demand Webinar on “Windows 10 Deployment Best Practices and Licensing Options.”