What Are the Storage Limits of SharePoint?
Customers are frequently asking what kind of storage they get with SharePoint Online. Microsoft has recently released updates for SharePoint Online via their Office 365 Roadmap:
Quick Summary for E plans:
- Each Tenant (SharePoint Online instance) gets 1TB of storage space included. Then each user of the E plans will add 500MB of storage space into the shared pool. This is up from 10GB per tenant and 500MB per user.
- For example: A client with 250 users would get 1TB + 125GB (500MB x 250) for the main storage on SharePoint. Each extra GB is 0.20 per month, so an additional incremental Terabyte would only be about $200 per month.
Example of a large CAD file successfully uploaded into a Team Site Document Library in SharePoint Online.
- The pooled storage is used across all sites on SharePoint Online, Office 365 Groups, and Office 365 Videos
- Upload larger files, up to 10 GB each
- This applies to files uploaded to Team Sites, and OneDrive for Business, as well as for videos uploaded into the Office 365 Video Portal.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.