What are long- and short-term cost benefits of the cloud?
It varies for each client that we work with. Some are bursting at the seams in their data center, some need the speed of adding new users, and with others it is just a cost savings play. Here are some overview ideas on the areas that we are seeing customer savings.
· The elimination of a workload within their environment - Physical server support for Exchange
· Hardware costs associated with the Exchange Server – Virtual machine processor and memory / SAN storage usage / Tape or Disk Backup / DR Setup / Maintenance Contracts
· Software costs associated with Exchange Server – Exchange Server licenses / Windows Server Licenses / Backup Agents / Blackberry Server
· Trade costs of migrating to an online platform versus upgrading to a new version
· Services Costs – Email archiving, Email filtering, Antivirus Enterprise Plans, Tape offsite storage
· Facilities Cost – Power / Cooling / Space
· Reduction in future version upgrade costs / faster speed to deployment
· Tiered workforce takes advantage of K plan economics
· Economics of scale in setup – Example: Lync for mobile clients takes time to setup and software to ensure that it is deployed securely. Lync in the cloud is as simple as downloading from the app store and entering a user’s email and password.
About the author
Welcome to the Interlink Cloud Blog
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations or warranties regarding the information from our partners or other external sources.