Learn how to take advantage of these services from Azure Active Directory!
Which Azure Active Directory Plan is Best for Me?
Azure Active Directory comes in four editions:
- Office 365 Apps
- Premium Plan 1
- Premium Plan 2
The Free edition is included with an Office 365 subscription. If you are interested in upgrading to a Premium version, contact us today and we will walk you through which plan is best for you and how to deploy/govern this upgrade! View a detailed list of Azure AD plans and pricing details.
What is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Conditional Access?
To learn more about MFA and Conditional Acess and how it can benefit your organization, check out our other blogs:
Microsoft also just announced an update to Conditional Access Baseline Security features. Read our blog, Conditional Access: Important Baseline Announcement, to stay on top of this and make sure to apply the new update.
AD Edition Information
The Free edition of Active Directory has a 500,000 Directory Object Limit and has Single Sign-On (SSO) maximum of up to 10 Apps. The Free edition has basic Multi-Factor authentication included. We think that most should buy the Azure Active Directory Plan 1 for $6 – or as a part of EMS for their organization, and here is why:
Azure AD Plan 1:
The Azure Active Directory Plan 1 edition includes the following features:
- Multi-Factor Authentication into more than just Office 365, i.e. VPN or Citrix, Salesforce or other cloud apps.
- Advanced Security and Usage Reports – be more aware in this threat riddled world
- Self-service password reset
- Advanced Group Access Management
- Conditional Access based on group, location, and device status – this helps users from becoming overwhelmed by prompts for MFA. It can use certain conditions as the second factor, like when a user utilizes a domain-joined PC to access that network or a mobile device enrolled in Intune.
Azure AD Plan 2:
Azure Active Directory Plan 2 edition includes, on top of all the features of Plan 1:
- Identity Protection & Identity Governance
- This allows the detection of vulnerabilities and risky accounts, investigation of risk events
- Conditional Access policies that are risk-based, i.e. extra protections for someone coming in from a Tor browser, a questionable IP address, or a new login location.
- Privileged Identity Management – the ability to better control administrator access. Including the ability to set up temporary privileged accounts for contractors or help desk personnel working a weekend shift.
Everyone should be taking advantage of at least the free version of Multi-Factor Authentication! This is a great benefit to organizations and should be implemented today if it hasn’t already been. We recommend taking advantage of one of the two different paid Azure Active Directory Plans to go with the free MFA that provide a better security experience.
How Can Interlink Help?
Interlink is here to guide and assist you regardless of what Microsoft licensing, subscription, or plan your organization currently has. Please reach out to us for more information on Microsoft updates, and how added security measures can optimize your organization specifically! Your security plan is crucial to success in your organization. We work hard to make sure our clients know exactly what they are getting, and how to get the most from their investments.
Interested in learning more? View our similar blog: Azure Pricing – How to Get Your Best Deal.
About the author
Welcome to the Interlink Cloud Blog
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations or warranties regarding the information from our partners or other external sources.