Customers are frequently asking what kind of storage they get with SharePoint Online. Microsoft has recently released updates for SharePoint Online via their Office 365 Roadmap:
Quick Summary for E plans:
- Each Tenant (SharePoint Online instance) gets 1TB of storage space included. Then each user of the E plans will add 500MB of storage space into the shared pool. This is up from 10GB per tenant and 500MB per user.
- For example: A client with 250 users would get 1TB + 125GB (500MB x 250) for the main storage on SharePoint. Each extra GB is 0.20 per month, so an additional incremental Terabyte would only be about $200 per month.
Example of a large CAD file successfully uploaded into a Team Site Document Library in SharePoint Online.
- The pooled storage is used across all sites on SharePoint Online, Office 365 Groups, and Office 365 Videos
- Upload larger files, up to 10 GB each
- This applies to files uploaded to Team Sites, and OneDrive for Business, as well as for videos uploaded into the Office 365 Video Portal.