We are asked frequently about who is moving to the cloud and why they are choosing to take that initiative. Below is a list of different reason and scenarios. At Interlink, we are seeing that Merger and Acquisitions are the #1 driver of the cloud. Clients have given us these reasons for making the move:
- Not enough capacity in either environment to consolidate all users
- Start collaborating with a shared space with SharePoint and Lync right away with the consolidation teams
- Quickly build bridges to share free / busy and global address lists
- Be able to break or negotiate contracts with existing providers
- Get IT costs covered in the integration budget
- More flexibility and less cash outlay if one entity has a Microsoft Enterprise Agreement and one does not
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.